Announcement of 9 doctoral candidate positions in the Department of Forestry, Wood Sciences & Design of the University of Thessaly
The Department of Forestry, Wood Sciences & Design of the University of Thessaly, in accordance with the decision No. 70 / 1.6.2022 (issue 9th) of its Assembly, announces nine (9) new positions of doctoral candidates and invites them to submit a relevant application in the following proposed fields of knowledge / topics by faculty members of the Department of Forestry, Wood Sciences and Design:
1. Forest economy and sustainable development (Rapporteur: Papadopoulos Ioannis).
2. Strategies for the promotion of the circular economy of wooden structures (Rapporteur: Papadopoulos Ioannis).
3. Entrepreneurship and craft dynamics in Creative Crafts (Rapporteur: Karagkouni Glykeria).
4. The review of the craft industries in the era of Industry 4.0 (Rapporteur: Karagkouni Glykeria).
5. The role of clustering / networking in DC - business ecosystems (Rapporteur: Karagkouni Glykeria).
6. Utilization of lignocellulose biomass for production of electricity and heat. (Rapporteur: Ntalos Georgios).
7. Development of a smart 3D printing system for energy optimization based on a digital duo for furniture components (Rapporteur: Kechagias Ioannis).
8. Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (Rapporteur: Karageorgos Antonis).
9. Distributed Intelligence and Immersive Reality (Rapporteur: Karageorgos Antonis).
Applications for the start of the dissertation from the Winter Semester of the Academic Year 2022-2023: until August 31th, 2022.
The required documents are submitted in a candidacy file and are as follows:
1. Printed completed application, which is posted here:
APPLICATION FOR DOCTORAL CANDIDATES
2. Detailed CV.
3. Draft doctoral dissertation, which develops the proposal to prepare the doctoral dissertation in full, and includes the following:
4. Copy of diploma or diploma certified, with recognition by DOATAP, if it has been obtained from University of abroad.
5. Copy of a validated postgraduate degree, or of a single and inseparable degree of integrated postgraduate level (integrated master) of article 46 of Law 4485/2017 and with recognition by DOATAP, if it has been obtained from a University of abroad.
6. Certificates of detailed undergraduate and postgraduate degrees
7. Proof of very good knowledge of a foreign language, level at least B2.
According to No. 20 / 14.4.2020 (issue 4) of the Assembly of the Department of Forestry, Wood Science and Design, the level of foreign language proficiency (level at least B2) is proven in the following ways:
a) State Certificate of language proficiency of law 2740/1999 as replaced by par. 19 of article 13 of law 3149/2003, b) with certificates of the same level as other institutions (universities or not) regardless of their legal form, if they are certified or recognized by the competent authority of the country concerned to conduct examinations and issue certificates of knowledge of the foreign language at the respective level, c) With a degree in Foreign Language and Literature or a degree in Foreign Languages Translation and Interpretation of the country or equivalent and equivalent of foreign schools, d) With a Bachelor's, undergraduate or postgraduate diploma or doctoral diploma from any recognized institution of higher education abroad, e) With a Bachelor's degree equivalent to the Greek Secondary Education schools, if it has been obtained after a regular study of at least six years abroad.
8. Photocopy of police ID
9. Two (2) recent photos.
The selection of doctoral candidates, provided they meet the above conditions, is made taking into account the following basic and additional criteria.
Regardless of the degree, the following can be accepted: a) candidates with at least five years of research activity documented by recent publications in reputable journals and by research project related to the subject of the doctoral dissertation, b) Scholars of IKY or other Organizations that award scholarships after examinations or evaluation. It is noted that according to the number 20 / 14.4.2020 (issue 3rd) of the Assembly of the Department of Forestry, Wood Science and Design, science magazine. To the above time is added the time of activity that results from proofs of participation in other research projects or proofs of documented research professional employment ".
Specifically for the evaluation of each proposal the Commission scores on a scale of 1-5, the following criteria:
For the evaluation of the interview of each candidate, the Commission scores on a scale of 1-5, the following criteria:
For more details on the procedure for preparing a doctoral dissertation, those interested can refer to the approved regulations for the operation of doctoral studies of the Department of Forestry, Wood Sciences & Design (Government Gazette 4259 / 20.11.2019, issue B ')
Please note that application files should be sent to the following address:
University of Thessaly, Department of Forestry, Wood Sciences & Design, 11-13 V. Griva Street, KARDITSA City, Postcode: 43100 with the indication: "Application for Doctoral Thesis".
The supporting documents must be submitted in electronic form at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
For additional information, interested parties can contact all working days at: +30 24410 64730, +30 24410 64750 & +30 24410 64732.
THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
PROFESSOR IOANNIS PAPADOPOULOS